Thursday, June 24, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad

I've been trying Ellie Krieger's recipes this week to determine if I should buy her cookbook. If you think that kind of thorough research sounds very unlike me, you'd be right. You can thank my patient and thorough husband or my lack of desire to go to the store for the fact that I don't have it yet.

Anyway, the first recipe I tried was her curried chicken salad, and I enjoyed it immensely. It does taste "lighter"...as in not as heavy...thanks to the yogurt (I'm thinking greek yogurt would make a big difference) and it had a great flavor. Even Mark really liked it (yeah, I'm ditching the lame sexy husband thing...you all know how he is). Even though I usually don't make changes to a recipe the first time I try it...or really ever...I did make 2 changes. First, I used walnuts instead of almonds because Mark doesn't prefer to eat almonds. Second, I used craisins instead of grapes because Giant Eagle seemed to be out of grapes.

If you're like me and you totally love chicken salad but can't justify all of that mayo on a regular basis, I highly recommend that you give this recipe a try.

Was it the best thing, or even the best chicken salad, I've ever eaten? No. But I really did like it a lot.

No comments: